Last Updated: Nov 29, 2018
Cotswold Hearing collects, uses and shares personal information of consumer users of our website.
Who We Are With respect to your rights under applicable data protection laws, the Data Protection Officer for Cotswold Hearing can be contacted at the link below:
Changes to This Policy. This policy will be changed. If we change anything important (information we collect, how we use it or why), we will highlight those changes at the top of the policy.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
There’s a range of information we collect about you so that we can provide you the best services for your hearing needs and allow use of this website. This information may include:
Information You Give Us. We will collect and use your personal information to provide you with our services, and allow use of this website. For example, we will collect information about you when you request to make an appointment with us, including your name and contact details and your preferred contact preferences related to your convenience of appointment timing.
If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide our services to you. We will keep this information for a reasonable time to properly support our services.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when using our website, we collect device information such as your IP address, operating system, unique device identifiers, the mobile network system, hardware and browser settings and the pages you visit and search engine terms you use.
- Web beacons: small files (also called “pixels”, “image tags”, or “script tags”) that may be loaded on our sites, applications, and tools, that may work in concert with cookies to identify our users and provide anonymised data on their behavior.
Under law applicable in some countries, cookies may be stored or accessed on your equipment only based on your consent, except that we do not need consent for cookies that are strictly necessary in order to provide the services on this website.
WHAT WE DO WITH THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Set up your appointment and communicate with you about it.
- Send you marketing communications which may be based on segmentation and modeling of your personal information or behavior.
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Services.
- To send you promotional communications. These may include social notifications, surveys, or other newsletters depending on your settings. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out."
- We will not send you marketing communications that are not allowed under applicable law unless you consent to this. You can withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
- To send you important notices, such as administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts.
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising.
- To protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- For Legal Reasons. We may share personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency (c) in the conduct or defense of legal claims. (d) when obtaining professional (including legal advice) in relation to audits and our business and consider this in our legitimate interests in managing our business; (e) to enforce our Policy; and (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until such issues are fully resolved.
We use information in a form that doesn’t permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
This data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information, such as your name, that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyse usage patterns in order to make improvements to our products and services.
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site. A preference cookie is required to maintain a record of your Do Not Track preferences so that we may respect them for future visits.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies help us customise our website content based on a user’s preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience on our site. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our site and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve our site.
- Social Media Cookies. We allow users to share our websites on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the social media provider for how their cookies work.
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies enable core site functionality, personalisation and browsing history. These can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. This information is not shared with other parties.
- Disabling cookies. Most web browsers allow control of cookies through the browser settings. By adjusting your web browser, you may avoid receiving cookies. However, this might result in the services on the website not functioning optimally. The method used to block cookies will depend on the web browser used. Consult the “Help” or corresponding menu in your web browser for instructions.
- ◦To find out more about cookies, including how to see, what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- ◦To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Opt-out. You can contact us any time to opt-out of (a) promotional communications, (b) any new processing of your personal information that we may carry out beyond the original purpose, or (c) the transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)Please note that your use of some of the Site or Services may be ineffective upon opt-out.
Access. You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information and you can ask to access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
Update. You can ask us to correct your personal information if it is wrong.
You can request to move your information to other companies. You may ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format.
Erase and forget. In certain situations, you can ask us to stop using your personal information or delete your information including where we no longer need it to provide our services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the following link below:
In your request, please make clear (a) what personal information is concerned, and (b) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practical
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting the change or deletion unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
When you receive promotional emails from us, you can also unsubscribe or opt-out by clicking the link at the bottom of any of the emails. You can’t opt-out of receiving administrative communications.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
When we share your information, your information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer personal data outside the EEA, we will take steps to make sure your personal data is protected and safeguarded once it leaves the EEA to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. If you would like to obtain details of such safeguards, you may contact our Data Protection Officer.
We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal information in order to provide you with access. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in line with this Policy, please do not use our site.